Monday, March 23, 2009

Only because it's true..

In one of my classes today, I took a survey about religious beliefs and actions that contradict those beliefs. I wasn't impressed with the questions. But a question about implicit racism stood out..

"A European-American woman [sidenote: so is she European or American??? Were they trying to say that she was white?? HAHA] holds her purse closer to her as two African American men are walking past her.

Do you agree or disagree with her actions?"

I agreed 100 percent. I'm not going to lie, I do the same thing so I can't fault anyone else for doing that. I clutch when I'm walking past a black man, a white man, a yellow man, it doesn't matter who I'm walking past. You have to stay alert at all times.

This particular post was sparked by the following pic:

1 comments:

D Alexandra said...

i agree with holding the purse close. i do the same for everyone. i don't discriminate. glad to hear i'm not the only reasonably paranoid one.

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com

Free Blog Counter
Poker Blog