Sunday, June 7, 2009

No such thing as single and happy

Out of my friends, I think I'm probably the only one NOT concerned with finding a boyfriend or being in a relationship. I think it's because I'm the only one okay with not having someone. I have my moments where I feel like I need someone there, but when I really think about it, it usually just means that I want someone new to listen to me. Most of the time it's a male because I already have so many female friends.

I was bloghopping again and came across so many Black female blogs that discussed not having a man and how to get one. One woman even listed the reasons why she didn't have one. It was disheartening to see something like that. It would have been okay if one of her reasons mentioned that maybe she just wasn't ready (I can relate to that), but most of her reasons listed things about herself that she perceived as wrong and as a hindrance to an active dating life. I was SMH-ing all behind my computer screen. Maybe it's because I can't relate to her. I've never been in that sort of mindset.I'm single because I choose to be. I've never looked for a boyfriend, but usually when I'm serious about wanting one, one kinda pops up. Lucky me, right?

Let's hope it's this way if I ever want a husband.

1 comments:

D Alexandra said...

i feel like wanting a boyfriend shows a lack of "completeness" on one's part. before i met my boyfriend, i felt content with not looking for someone and was able to have fun without having someone. i think being that way contributes to a healthy relationship once you do find someone to be with. this post was really cool toya.

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com

Free Blog Counter
Poker Blog